Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Zion National Park


Ok I admit it, my kids are dorks! Last week we went to Zion National Park for a little vacation. I know, Zion in July? What were we thinking? It was HOT!! We hiked and relaxed, it was a fun getaway for us. This one is at Weeping Rock.


Our favorite hike was the Narrows. You hike a ways on a paved trail, and then your trail is the river. Because it was so hot, it was great to be in a narrow canyon in the water. We hiked about two hours up, then turned around and came back. It was long and exhausting, but we loved it. The water was deeper this time, and so it was harder than I remembered. You can't see all of the rocks on the bottom, so you are always kind of shuffling your feet to find a good place to step. We did pretty well though, I think Jayme was the only one to actually fall in the water. It was a miracle it wasn't me for all the stumbling I did though!!



Before starting the Narrows.


When you hike with Dennis, you don't always stay on the beaten path. If he had his way, you'd never hike on the beaten path! This was one of the "explores" he took us on. It was up a slot canyon in a dry river bed. It was nice and kind of shady, but really sandy. After that one, we hiked back a ways to a little waterfall and pool. That was great!

No comments: