Sunday, November 15, 2009

Catching Up and Catching My Breath

Ok, my kids (Jayme) have informed me that I am woefully slackerish in my blogging and terribly behind. So, here we go with a brief re-cap of everything I've neglected:

Jayme's Birthday -- Jayme turned 22 on August 18. Jayme is a great daughter and a wonderful big sister. She's a great example to her brothers and sisters, and we love her alot!

The Girls Move Out -- At the end of August, both Jayme and Jenn moved into apartments in Provo. It was a little difficult having them both leave at the same time. They've both been gone before, but never at the same time. The house felt a little empty for a while. It's a weird feeling knowing that your children are adults and moving on with their lives without you. It's an exciting time for them, but a bit melancholy for me. All I can do now is hope I taught them well enough.

Jenn and Adam Get Engaged -- While we were in Moab for Fall Break (see previous post), hiking to Delicate Arch, in the dark, coughing up a lung, I got a text from Jenn asking what we'd think if they moved the wedding from May to January. Are you kidding me?!? Obviously not. Jenn and Adam are getting married January 15 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are furiously trying to get wedding plans done so that I can move on to Christmas plans...

Wedding Anniversary -- Last Monday was our 24th wedding anniversary. Little did we know when planning our wedding what a busy time November is. We rarely have time to do anything, and this year was no exception. How lucky I am to have a wonderful man that has put up with me for so long!!

Matthew's 1st Piano Recital -- I admit it, I am a total loser mom. I waited until my child was 11 years old before starting him in piano. What a slacker!! Matthew started the first week of September and had his first recital last week. He is taking from Marilyn Morgan, and he loves it!! He's done really well, and taken to it like a natural. Hooray for Matthew!!



No comments: