Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Michael's Mission Farewell



We had Michael's missionary farewell on Sunday. He spoke in Sacrament Meeting and did a great job. I am so proud of him and the man he is as well as who he is becoming. There were lots of years when I wasn't so sure, but I think he's turned out pretty well.

After church, we all came over to the house for lunch and to visit. I think we fed over 100 people. We have been blessed with such good family and friends over the years, and it was wonderful to have all of their support. All of them have helped shape my children, and I am grateful for their influence in our lives.

Michael has also been fortunate enough to find a good group of friends these past few years. Again, many years of worry and praying for good friends finally paid off. These kids have been such a strength and support to each other as they have struggled through all sorts of challenges. All of the boys have helped each other prepare for missions, and the girls have been good examples and support for them. I am so grateful for them and what they have been for Michael.

He will enter the MTC in Provo tomorrow, where he will spend the next three weeks learning how to teach the gospel, then off to Cleveland, Ohio for the next two years. Godspeed and God bless!!



























1 comment:

Sherri said...

So good to see everyone--and in your beautiful home too! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow :) It is a bittersweet day for sure. Hang in there Mom...