Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jordyn Plays Soccer, sort of....

Kindergarten soccer isn't really soccer, it's more like gather ball. We had 18 kindergarten teams. I think every single child in Mapleton played soccer this year. They play 3-on-3 with no goalie. It helps a little with the bunching, but not much. They actually conned me into coaching Jordyn's team. Hahaha. Yeah, I know, really? It was actually kind of fun, but I'm ready to be done. The kids are cute and fun, but spacey. I can't tell you how many times I had to pick a kid up from somersaulting on the grass. How many times I had to remind them that we were playing soccer. It was funny to watch them. The most important issues to them are, who brought treats and who gets to kick the ball at kick-offs or penalties. I finally had to make a rule that they weren't allowed to ask if they could kick. There were times they were all "too tired" and didn't want to play. Maybe the games are a little too long? Jordyn had fun though, and I guess that's the point, right?








No comments: