Thursday, April 22, 2010

Out with the Old.....

After building our home, and living there for the past 16 years, it's a little hard to leave, but it was time for a change. We loved our home, our neighborhood, and our ward, and it is the only home that our children have known. Only Jayme remembers living anywhere else. Dennis lived longer in this home than anywhere else in his life. I still had a few years to go to pass my length of time in Orange. But all good things must come to an end. I don't know why, but I felt increasingly unsettled in our home, and a need to move on.


We had 1/3 of an acre, which was great. Lots of room for kids to run, and room for fruit trees.

When we first moved into this house from the 3-plex, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Every morning as I walked down the stairs, I thought, "when are the real owners going to come and kick me out?" We had 2300 sf finished, and an unfinished basement. Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a family room, dining room AND a living room. What was I ever going to do with so much space?


Our living room was perfect for Christmas. It looks so nice with the tree and lights and all.

We ended up enclosing the loft for another bedroom, and finishing part of the basement. You could say we now have 5 bedrooms and almost three and a half baths. There is still room for another large bedroom in the basement, and the room that has been Jayme's bedroom could be another family room.

We have now moved to Mapleton, only 3 miles away, but it feels much further.

No comments: