Sunday, July 4, 2010

How Did a City Girl Like Me End Up in A Place Like This?



















We've been doing so much work on the yard, I wanted to take some 'before' pictures. We are on an acre, which is a ton! We were on 1/3 acre before, and I thought that was a lot! Here is the front yard from the street.




















You can see that there is lots for us to do! The ground has been totally un-tended forever. It is full of rocks and very hard clay. Fun!


















There are bumps and grades all over the lot, it's not flat anywhere. There is a slope down from the house to the street, and to the right there is a pretty good slope down too.


















This is the back, our yard goes back to the neighbors yard. You can see the back boundary by their rocks, and the fence on the far side.



















And what does everyone need to put in a new yard? A tractor of course!! It's been a great help, and Dennis and Michael love to drive it. I've tried it, I guess it's a guy thing.


















The thing I do love about living here is the feel of being in the country. We have quail, pheasant, grouse, and deer in our yard quite often. For now, I love watching the deer. Once I get my yard in and they start eating it, I may not like them quite so much.

No comments: