Saturday, November 24, 2012

Matthew Plays Football


I guess it's time to play catch-up, there are a lot of things I've missed, so here we go:

Matthew decided that he wanted to give football a try this year.  He has neve)r been interested in football, and has stuck with soccer while most of the boys moved on to football in about 3rd grade.  The coaches were drooling over his size, but weren't counting on his gentle giant personality.  He was one of the biggest kids on the team (we grow them small in Mapleton), so he ended up playing on the line which was probably not the best choice for him.  We aren't sure if he'll play again next year, but I'm sure proud of him for trying something new and uncomfortable for him.  I think he did have some fun, and I know he learned a lot about the game.





No comments: