Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gratitude




Wow, what a week. Friday we drove up to Bountiful in a blizzard to watch Michael wrestle. Unfortunately he lost both of his matches that day and was eliminated from the tournament. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself and especially for Michael. He works so hard, and wants it so bad, and the success is slow to come for him. Saturday we were in Payson all day to watch Ammon wrestle. He was 4-1 that day, so we were pleased for him.


Yesterday we found out that our friends, Dave and Katrina Harlan, son was killed in a car accident. I have just been sick ever since I heard the news. Their son, Neal, was only 18. He and some friends were driving up Provo Canyon to go skiing, and another car skidded into them. Neal and another teenager were killed. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child, and my heart and love goes out to the Harlan family. Thank goodness for the gospel, the plan of salvation, temples, and the knowledge we all can have of where our loved ones are.


I feel a little silly moping about Michael losing his tournament when such horrible things are happening to people I care about. I couldn't help but think how grateful I am to have my children and be able to hug them tonight.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends. That is horrible. While we don't know them, we will pray that Heavenly Father will bless them through this trial. Who knows, perhaps he just needed to go on his mission a little early.